|Building Construction Type and Height|
Building construction type and stories meets Table 188.8.131.52, unless otherwise permitted by 184.108.40.206 through 220.127.116.11
1 I (442), I (332), II (222) Any number of stories
non-sprinklered and sprinklered
2 II (111) One story non-sprinklered
Maximum 3 stories sprinklered
3 II (000) Not allowed non-sprinklered
4 III (211) Maximum 2 stories sprinklered
5 IV (2HH)
6 V (111)
7 III (200) Not allowed non-sprinklered
8 V (000) Maximum 1 story sprinklered
Sprinklered stories must be sprinklered throughout by an approved, supervised automatic system in accordance with section 9.7. (See 19.3.5)
Give a brief description, in REMARKS, of the construction, the number of stories, including basements, floors on which patients are located, location of smoke or fire barriers and dates of approval. Complete sketch or attach small floor plan of the building as appropriate.
Name: MAIN BUILDING 01 - Component: 01 - Tag: 0161
Based on observation and interview, it was determined the facility failed to maintain building construction requirements in one location, affecting one of six floors.
1. Observation on October 10, 2019, at 10:50 a.m., revealed spray fireproofing missing from a portion of the ceiling assembly within the sixth floor mechanical room.
Exit interview on October 10, 2019, between 12:00 p.m. and 12:15 p.m., with the facility administrator, confirmed the building construction deficiency.
| ||Plan of Correction - To be completed: 11/13/2019|
1. Quote obtained for duct demolition and correction on 10/24/2019. Work will be completed by 11/13/2019.
2. Upon completion of work, Engineering department will inspect the final installation and report back to the unit QAPI committee.
3. Third party inspection of fire proofing completed annually. (June 2019).
4. Director of Engineering/Designee will continue to monitor the integrity of the fireproofing throughout the unit on a random basis.
5. QAPI Committee will recommend additional audits as needed.