|Multiple Occupancies - Construction Type|
Where separated occupancies are in accordance with 18/188.8.131.52 or 18/184.108.40.206, the most stringent construction type is provided throughout the building, unless a 2-hour separation is provided in accordance with 220.127.116.11, in which case the construction type is determined as follows:
* The construction type and supporting construction of the health care occupancy is based on the story in which it is located in the building in accordance with 18/19.1.6 and Tables 18/18.104.22.168
* The construction type of the areas of the building enclosing the other occupancies shall be based on the applicable occupancy chapters.
22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
Name: MAIN BUILDING - Component: 01 - Tag: 0133
Based on observation and interview, it was determined the facility failed to maintain the rating of common walls, on one of four floors within the component.
1. Observation on February 19, 2019, at 12:17 PM revealed a penetration of a gray wire, above the common wall doors to Lakes Manor.
Interview at the time of the exit conference with the Administrator and the Maintenance Director on February 19, 2019, at 2:00 PM confirmed there was a penetration.
| ||Plan of Correction - To be completed: 03/15/2019|
1. The area stated above was re-sealed with an approved through penetration fire stop system on February 19, 2019 at 3:00pm
2. The above ceiling work permit and penetrations will be reviewed daily with our team member, and contractors to ensure all penetrations are being sealed while work is completed in Lakeside
3. PE 5074 Fire Penetrations inspections for Lakeside was updated to include monthly inspection of existing caulking as well as penetrations to make sure it is still maintaining its fire rating of all smoke barrier walls in Lakeside. Any caulk that is not in compliance will be replaced with approved through penetration fire top system.
4. The inspections will be documented and monitored by our Facility Management work order system. The inspections will be reviewed at all quarterly Quality Assurance Meetings
5. Date of Compliance: March 15th, 2019